Reviews and Quotes
Links to reviews and testimonials from users will get posted on this page. For now please see the quotes on the product pages and visit some of the forum threads on ComputerAudiophile.com where many have asked questions and discussed their experiences with UpTone Audio products in their music systems:
- The early reviews in the UltraCap™ LPS-1 Listening Impressions thread are amazing!
- Installed the UpTone JS-2 LPS Today WOW!
- JS-2 Power Supply Installed!
- Uptone Audio JS-2 Power Supply and Linear Fan Controller Installation (Experience, Pictures, Results)
- Well-known CA member "Eurodriver" posts about his first listening with the JS-2 powering the fine exaSound E20 Mk.III DAC.
- The long CA thread on the USB REGEN during development, with some discussions still going on there.
- The USB REGEN Listening Impressions thread is filled with scores of people raving about the great new things they hear upon installing the device in their systems.
- This thread, UpTone REGEN and your DAC: What do you use?, is great because people with DACs from modest to mega are posting about their combinations and results.
- Popular CA member "Jud" blogs a detailed comparison report about MusiCaps he installed in his semi-DIY DAC (He was also kind enough to indulge my posting a long reply in his blog about the colorful history of MusiCaps, Hovland Company, and how I met John Swenson.)
- Discussion and updates on the development of the UltraCap™ LPS-1 has been taking place in this thread in our sponsored forum at ComputerAudiophile.com.
Formal Magazine Reviews (web & print):
- AudioStream.com (division of Stereophile), October 27, 2016 — Editor Michael Lavorgna reviews the UltraCap LPS-1, using it with the Sonore microRendu.
- AudioStream.com (division of Stereophile), August 6, 2015 — Editor Michael Lavorgna assess the REGEN with several high-end DACs.
- AudioStream.com (division of Stereophile), August 20, 2015 — Editor Michael Lavorgna's USB Accessory Roundup (REGEN comes out on top.)
- AudioStream.com (division of Stereophile), September 22, 2015 — Writer Steven Plaskin (Mercman on AudioAsylum.com) auditions the REGEN along with the AudioQuest JitterBug.
- Mono and Stereo High-End Audio Magazine, October 16, 2015 — Writer Kurt Lassen reviews the REGEN for this well-known European journal
- RealHD-Audio.com, September 8, 2015 — Russ Stratton (of the Los Angeles & Orange County Audiophile Society) Shares His Notes on the REGEN Session hosted by Mark Waldrep at AIX Records recording studio.